Friday, September 28, 2007

Travel Savings

You know, I hate to sound like a spokesperson for the travel industry, but some things are just worth sharing. While preparing to "Practice Rest" I followed my own advice from chapter one of my new book Leadership Essentials. I was booked at a hotel at a rate of a bit over $100. I went on-line days before my trip and bingo! The rate had dropped to $70. The reservationist I called immediately made the asjustment. I saved enough for a very good dinner on the spot. Download chapter one of my book FREE at nolanmccants.com
The key: When hotels have fewer guests they lower rates to attract business. By planning right you can capitalize in this industry practice. In major markets the idea is to dodge high convention season and peak vacation periods. This is when the hotels really make their money on the high demand.

No comments: